Hordes of black butterflies of various sizes and species cover the grand staircase, mirrors, walls, and doors of the Milan-based Fondazione Adolfo Pini. The dark and vast swarm is a part of the more than 10-year series Black Cloud by Mexican artist Carlos Amorales (previously) as a part of his solo exhibition THE ACCURSED HOUR. The butterflies surround an installation of paper cut-outs from his series Life in the folds, a project of gray-toned human and tree silhouettes which address the nature of human violence against other humans. [..]
- George Floyd: attacks on reporters at protests – BBC News
- What is an aphorism?
- In praise of aphorisms | Aeon
- Nonnie, the 107-Year-Old Viral-Star Grandma, Has Some Advice for You | New York Magazine
- James Ensor: A man of many masks | Blog | Royal Academy of Arts
- Nine-year-old Kenyan inventor given national award
- BEYOND – animated shortfilm
- Powerful Photos of Peaceful Protests Happening Across the U.S.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets