French film director Thomas Blanchard (previously) is known for his video work with oils and inks. In his most recent video, DANCE DANCE, Blanchard uses flowers as the contextual framework for his signature coils and swirls of color. Flowers have long been used as symbols of vitality and mortality, and the fire and ice these blooms are subjected to suggests a literal interpretation of those concepts. In the dramatically scored video, flowers and foliage light on fire, freeze and melt in icy pools, and are consumed by billowing clouds of colorful smoke.
- Artist Photographs Her Family’s Vintage Slides in New Locales
- Tuba Skinny – “Going Back Home” – Royal St. -*Tip the band at Venmo.com. More at Digitalalexa
- Gordon Parks: Part One | 1 July – 8 August 2020 – Overview
- Summary of Mary Warner Marien’s Essay on Charles Nègre’s Chimney Sweep Walking.
- 10 Street Photographers EVERY Photographer MUST Know
- Paris’s Newest Major Museum Is Dedicated to Henri Cartier-Bresson | Architectural Digest
- Sci-Fi Short Film: “It’s About Time!” | DUST
- 7 Egg Dishes, From Octopus Eggs to Ostrich Eggs | Around the World
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets