You might need your glasses for this one. Quantum physicistDavid Nadlinger from the University of Oxford managed to capture an image that would have been impossible only a few years ago: a single atom suspended in an electric field viewable by the naked eye. The amazing shot titled “Single Atom in an Ion Trap” recently won the overall prize in the UK’s Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) science photo and imaging contest. You can see the atom in the shot above, the tiny speck at the very centre.
- Jorge Rodriguez-Gerada new artworks – COP 25 in Madrid — Street art and graffiti magazine
- Amazing dioramas & vignettes (Vildan Hosbak)
- Upcoming Group Show at Beinart Gallery Celebrates the Intricate Art of Miniatures
- — The Robin Psychic Medium
- Man Battling Suicidal Thoughts Say the 'Nicest Group on Facebook' Saved His Life
- A monk, a policeman, Darth Vader, a pilot, oh yes and Two Fairies and many more…… — Sorry I’m late!
- Finding the Root to Treat Aging through Dieting – ScienceBlog.com
- Bold Illustrations by Calvin Sprague Camouflage Geometric Figures and Detached Body Parts
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets