Portuguese textile artist Vanessa Barragão produces carpets and tapestries from a variety of different techniques, creating multi-faceted landscapes with the use of latch hooking, crochet, weaving, basketry, and felt. Her environmental works present imitation coral, fungi, and algae as three-dimensional elements in plush contexts such as the circular work viewed above which she calls Earth Rug. The piece was developed for this year’s Milan Design Week and spans nearly 15 feet in diameter.
- Beija Flor 2020 – DESFILE COMPLETO (HD) GRUPO ESPECIAL RJ CARNAVAL CARIOCA
- What If We Could See Nature In Infrared?
- União da Ilha 2020 – DESFILE COMPLETO GRUPO ESPECIAL RJ CARNAVAL CARIOCA
- The Orchestra
- Product Breakdowns Expose the Wasteful Side of Industrial Design in Stop Motion Animation by Dina Amin
- Mangueira 2020 – DESFILE COMPLETO (HD) GRUPO ESPECIAL RJ CARNAVAL CARIOCA
- Samba Project Promotes Body Diversity in Rio’s Carnival – 05/02/2020 – Culture – Folha
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets